Florida Sen. Rubio endorses Romney
WASHINGTON - Senator Marco Rubio of Florida on Wednesday endorsed former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination during an appearance on Fox News.
Rubio said Romney has "earned the nomination" and offers a "very clear alternative" to Democratic President Barack Obama.
"I am endorsing Mitt Romney and the reason why is not only is he going to be the Republican nominee but he offers at this point such a stark contrast to the president's record," Rubio said.
Rubio, a first-term senator and rising Republican star, again played down speculation he might accept the second spot on his party's presidential ticket.
"I don't believe I'm going to be asked to be the vice presidential nominee," he said, adding it was not something the he desires.
(Reporting By JoAnne Allen; editing by Todd Eastham)
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use