Florida Sen. Rubio endorses Romney
WASHINGTON - Senator Marco Rubio of Florida on Wednesday endorsed former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination during an appearance on Fox News.
Rubio said Romney has "earned the nomination" and offers a "very clear alternative" to Democratic President Barack Obama.
"I am endorsing Mitt Romney and the reason why is not only is he going to be the Republican nominee but he offers at this point such a stark contrast to the president's record," Rubio said.
Rubio, a first-term senator and rising Republican star, again played down speculation he might accept the second spot on his party's presidential ticket.
"I don't believe I'm going to be asked to be the vice presidential nominee," he said, adding it was not something the he desires.
(Reporting By JoAnne Allen; editing by Todd Eastham)
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents