Home » News » Public Safety
Inmate recaptured in Claremont
CLAREMONT – A missing inmate from the Sullivan County House of Corrections in Unity was apprehended by police near the intersection of Summer and Prospect streets Thursday afternoon.
Tyson West, 22, disappeared Tuesday while he was out searching for a job, as part of his preparation to go on work release.
Information received by the Claremont Police Department suggested the House of Corrections walkaway had been in the city since Tuesday, said Police Chief Alexander Scott.
Shortly after 12:30 p.m. Thursday, police received a tip on West's possible location and called in the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department.
West was taken into custody shortly after 3 p.m., Scott said.
“Once he was confronted directly by law enforcement, he was taken into custody without incident,” Scott said.
Sheriff's deputies returned him to the house of corrections.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072