'Bittersweet' end for ski veteran Cochran, of Keene
Two-time Olympian Jimmy Cochran of Keene skied his last race with the U.S. Ski Team on Thursday at the Nature Valley U.S. Alpine Championships in Winter Park, Co. He led the slalom event after one run but couldn't hold on in the final.
Cochran skied in the 2006 and 2010 Olympics and three World Championships. The nine-year U.S. Ski Team veteran won four U.S. titles.
“For sure this is bittersweet, there's always more you want to do with your career, more that you want to accomplish, but I feel incredibly fortunate in being able to have ski racing as a part of my life,” Cochran said in a U.S. Ski Team release.
Cochran is a member of the “Skiing Cochrans” family. His grandfather was U.S. head coach in 1974, his father and three aunts were Olympians, and two cousins are current members of the team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 12
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 31
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840