May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Derry man faces charge of robbing woman March 21 in MacGregor Park
DERRY — Police arrested a Derry man on Thursday morning in connection with the robbery of an 18-year-old woman in MacGregor Park on March 21.
Michael J. Murphy was arrested on a warrant for robbery at his 2 Fenway St. address in Derry shortly before noon on March 29 and is being held on $20,000 cash bail at Rockingham County Jail pending an April 10 probable cause hearing, according to Derry police Capt. Vernon Thomas.
At 11 p.m. on March 21, police were notified by an 18-year-old woman that she had been robbed in the park.
“The woman stated that she had walked into the park with two male acquaintances,” said Thomas. “They talked briefly and then the men allegedly robbed her of her purse. The woman stated that one of the men produced a BB gun, pointed it at her head and forced her to hand over the purse which contained a large amount of cash.”
According to Thomas, the woman stated that the man made her get down on her knees and told her he would kill her if she contacted the police. Murphy and the second man allegedly fled on foot leaving the victim unharmed in park.
“The woman provided the name of one of the men as Michael J. Murphy, a person known to her,” said Thomas. “She stated that he was the one who pointed the gun at her and threatened her. Detectives investigated the incident and obtained a warrant for Murphy for robbery.”
Murphy was arrested without incident shortly before noon on Thursday. Detectives continue to investigate, according to Thomas.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 7
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 1
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 4
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424