Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Derry man faces charge of robbing woman March 21 in MacGregor Park
DERRY — Police arrested a Derry man on Thursday morning in connection with the robbery of an 18-year-old woman in MacGregor Park on March 21.
Michael J. Murphy was arrested on a warrant for robbery at his 2 Fenway St. address in Derry shortly before noon on March 29 and is being held on $20,000 cash bail at Rockingham County Jail pending an April 10 probable cause hearing, according to Derry police Capt. Vernon Thomas.
At 11 p.m. on March 21, police were notified by an 18-year-old woman that she had been robbed in the park.
“The woman stated that she had walked into the park with two male acquaintances,” said Thomas. “They talked briefly and then the men allegedly robbed her of her purse. The woman stated that one of the men produced a BB gun, pointed it at her head and forced her to hand over the purse which contained a large amount of cash.”
According to Thomas, the woman stated that the man made her get down on her knees and told her he would kill her if she contacted the police. Murphy and the second man allegedly fled on foot leaving the victim unharmed in park.
“The woman provided the name of one of the men as Michael J. Murphy, a person known to her,” said Thomas. “She stated that he was the one who pointed the gun at her and threatened her. Detectives investigated the incident and obtained a warrant for Murphy for robbery.”
Murphy was arrested without incident shortly before noon on Thursday. Detectives continue to investigate, according to Thomas.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424