Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Derry man faces charge of robbing woman March 21 in MacGregor Park
DERRY — Police arrested a Derry man on Thursday morning in connection with the robbery of an 18-year-old woman in MacGregor Park on March 21.
Michael J. Murphy was arrested on a warrant for robbery at his 2 Fenway St. address in Derry shortly before noon on March 29 and is being held on $20,000 cash bail at Rockingham County Jail pending an April 10 probable cause hearing, according to Derry police Capt. Vernon Thomas.
At 11 p.m. on March 21, police were notified by an 18-year-old woman that she had been robbed in the park.
“The woman stated that she had walked into the park with two male acquaintances,” said Thomas. “They talked briefly and then the men allegedly robbed her of her purse. The woman stated that one of the men produced a BB gun, pointed it at her head and forced her to hand over the purse which contained a large amount of cash.”
According to Thomas, the woman stated that the man made her get down on her knees and told her he would kill her if she contacted the police. Murphy and the second man allegedly fled on foot leaving the victim unharmed in park.
“The woman provided the name of one of the men as Michael J. Murphy, a person known to her,” said Thomas. “She stated that he was the one who pointed the gun at her and threatened her. Detectives investigated the incident and obtained a warrant for Murphy for robbery.”
Murphy was arrested without incident shortly before noon on Thursday. Detectives continue to investigate, according to Thomas.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bodies of mother, son found in Amherst home in apparent murder-suicide - 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 3
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 9
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 1
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 4
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917