May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Derry man faces charge of robbing woman March 21 in MacGregor Park
DERRY — Police arrested a Derry man on Thursday morning in connection with the robbery of an 18-year-old woman in MacGregor Park on March 21.
Michael J. Murphy was arrested on a warrant for robbery at his 2 Fenway St. address in Derry shortly before noon on March 29 and is being held on $20,000 cash bail at Rockingham County Jail pending an April 10 probable cause hearing, according to Derry police Capt. Vernon Thomas.
At 11 p.m. on March 21, police were notified by an 18-year-old woman that she had been robbed in the park.
“The woman stated that she had walked into the park with two male acquaintances,” said Thomas. “They talked briefly and then the men allegedly robbed her of her purse. The woman stated that one of the men produced a BB gun, pointed it at her head and forced her to hand over the purse which contained a large amount of cash.”
According to Thomas, the woman stated that the man made her get down on her knees and told her he would kill her if she contacted the police. Murphy and the second man allegedly fled on foot leaving the victim unharmed in park.
“The woman provided the name of one of the men as Michael J. Murphy, a person known to her,” said Thomas. “She stated that he was the one who pointed the gun at her and threatened her. Detectives investigated the incident and obtained a warrant for Murphy for robbery.”
Murphy was arrested without incident shortly before noon on Thursday. Detectives continue to investigate, according to Thomas.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424