Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Derry man faces charge of robbing woman March 21 in MacGregor Park
DERRY — Police arrested a Derry man on Thursday morning in connection with the robbery of an 18-year-old woman in MacGregor Park on March 21.
Michael J. Murphy was arrested on a warrant for robbery at his 2 Fenway St. address in Derry shortly before noon on March 29 and is being held on $20,000 cash bail at Rockingham County Jail pending an April 10 probable cause hearing, according to Derry police Capt. Vernon Thomas.
At 11 p.m. on March 21, police were notified by an 18-year-old woman that she had been robbed in the park.
“The woman stated that she had walked into the park with two male acquaintances,” said Thomas. “They talked briefly and then the men allegedly robbed her of her purse. The woman stated that one of the men produced a BB gun, pointed it at her head and forced her to hand over the purse which contained a large amount of cash.”
According to Thomas, the woman stated that the man made her get down on her knees and told her he would kill her if she contacted the police. Murphy and the second man allegedly fled on foot leaving the victim unharmed in park.
“The woman provided the name of one of the men as Michael J. Murphy, a person known to her,” said Thomas. “She stated that he was the one who pointed the gun at her and threatened her. Detectives investigated the incident and obtained a warrant for Murphy for robbery.”
Murphy was arrested without incident shortly before noon on Thursday. Detectives continue to investigate, according to Thomas.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 10
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 2
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 9
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 7
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 1
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424