In this weekend's editions
Warburton gives through style
Best known for his work in the world of high fashion, Derek Warburton was back in his home state recently, offering styling tips to women during an appearance at the Mall at Rockingham Park. It was long way from his base in Manhattan and his life as celebrity stylist “Derek Fabulous” and a longer way still from the life he once led as a homeless teen.
Hospitals team up
Five hospital systems covering nearly half the state’s population are embracing a data-driven approach to improving health care and reducing costs through their collaborative Granite Healthcare Network. The organization, which includes Concord Hospital, Elliot Hospital, LRGHealthcare, Southern New Hampshire Health System and Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, will rely on business analytics to help the hospitals prepare for a rapidly changing future. We’ll tell you how.
Building a financial plan has gotten cheaper – and easier. More companies are offering low-cost or less expensive hourly fees that differ drastically from the thousands of dollars and minimum required investments at larger firms. In January, for instance, LearnVest.com began offering financial-planning packages for less than $300. We tell you which firms to seek out, what to expect (some don't offer investment advice) and how to get started.
Savings add up
If a penny saved is a penny earned, how great is it when you can save dollars? Gas prices are hovering around $4 a gallon these days, so consumers are looking for savings. The coupons in New Hampshire’s Sunday newspaper can help with that search. Don’t miss out.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'