Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sex offender accused of exposing self on Salem porch
SALEM — A registered sex offender who allegedly exposed himself to a woman outside of a Lawrence Road home on Friday night was arrested by police over the weekend.
Lorne Casey, 42, of Salem, who is facing a felony indecent exposure charge, was on the steps of a home when he was spotted by the woman, police said.
Police responded to a call about the disturbance at 6:12 p.m. on Friday.
The woman told police that when Casey noticed her, he continued to expose himself “until finally turning away,” according to Deputy police Chief Shawn Patten.
Casey then left the area, but the woman told a friend about the incident and they followed Casey back to an address on Mildred Street, police said.
Officers found Casey, who matched the woman's description, near the Mildred Street address a short time later, Patten said.
Casey told police he was “having some drinks and relaxation” on the way home from the liquor store when he was spotted by the woman, according to Patten.
During the investigation, police learned that Casey is a registered sex offender originally from Massachusetts, police said.
He was convicted in Woburn District Court on two counts of sexual assault on June 2, 2009, according to the state's sex offender registry. Last June, he was also charged in Salem with failure to comply with registration of sex offenders, according to a police log.
Casey was arrested on a warrant on Saturday night at 10:47 p.m. in connection with the Friday night incident, police said.
He was taken into custody without incident. Casey was booked at the police station and released on $2,000 personal recognizance bail pending arraignment in 10th Circuit Court in Salem. The charge is a Class B felony punishable by up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483