Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Jurors see trailer where man died
LACONIA — Jurors walked across the street from Belknap County Superior Court Tuesday morning to view a trailer home where injuries suffered in a beating eventually took the life of Leo LaPierre, 55, last May.
LaPierre was found by first responders outside the trailer home, propped up against a fence and suffering massive internal bleeding.
He died eight days later, on May 10, from injuries to his head and body.
Jurors have been told LaPierre was “cold-cocked,” then kicked in the head when he was down on the ground in the kitchen up against a set of cabinets after the trailer's owner, Jason Durgin, allegedly was angered by a hot-water tank breaking, Assistant Attorney Ben Agati said.
Durgin, now 38, of 399 South Main St., is accused of negligent homicide, manslaughter, witness tampering and false imprisonment.
Durgin allowed LaPierre, who was homeless, to live in his trailer along with a number of other people, according to court records.
There were others at the trailer and at least one, Tracy Hebert, is expected to testify that Durgin repeatedly beat LaPierre.
Tim Landry, Durgin's attorney, told Judge James O'Neill that the woman is not a reliable witness, that she has offered several versions of what occurred that night.
“She changes her story so many times,” Landry said.
The trial is expected to resume Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424