Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Jurors see trailer where man died
LACONIA — Jurors walked across the street from Belknap County Superior Court Tuesday morning to view a trailer home where injuries suffered in a beating eventually took the life of Leo LaPierre, 55, last May.
LaPierre was found by first responders outside the trailer home, propped up against a fence and suffering massive internal bleeding.
He died eight days later, on May 10, from injuries to his head and body.
Jurors have been told LaPierre was “cold-cocked,” then kicked in the head when he was down on the ground in the kitchen up against a set of cabinets after the trailer's owner, Jason Durgin, allegedly was angered by a hot-water tank breaking, Assistant Attorney Ben Agati said.
Durgin, now 38, of 399 South Main St., is accused of negligent homicide, manslaughter, witness tampering and false imprisonment.
Durgin allowed LaPierre, who was homeless, to live in his trailer along with a number of other people, according to court records.
There were others at the trailer and at least one, Tracy Hebert, is expected to testify that Durgin repeatedly beat LaPierre.
Tim Landry, Durgin's attorney, told Judge James O'Neill that the woman is not a reliable witness, that she has offered several versions of what occurred that night.
“She changes her story so many times,” Landry said.
The trial is expected to resume Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424