All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Father, son were located within hour of Amber Alert

April 03. 2012 8:24AM

MANCHESTER - An 18-month-old Manchester boy was found safe Monday morning after an Amber Alert was issued.

Police said Kelly Soucy, 29, of 1465 Bodwell Road, took his son, Waylon, to Days Inn in Concord after an argument with his wife during which he pulled out a gun and threatened to kill himself.

Soucy is safe as well, Lt. Maureen Tessier said, but he is being evaluated at a local hospital.

She said police do not expect to charge him with any crime.

An Amber Alert was issued Monday about 7 a.m., Tessier said, because of concern for the safety of the child and for Soucy. After the argument, he took his son and the gun and fled the home. The gun was recovered at the motel, according to Concord Lt. Timothy OMalley.

He said about 20 to 30 minutes after the Amber Alert went out, police received multiple calls about a black and white 2003 Ford Crown Victoria with New Hampshire veteran registration plates at the South Main Street hotel, not far from Interstate 93. It was the car Soucy was reportedly driving, and one of the 911 calls was from a motel clerk, OMalley said.

Once it was determined no one was inside either of the rooms next to the one booked by Soucy, police called him and he came out with his son.

The child was in good health, OMalley said. There were no issues there.

Waylon was transported back to Manchester, he said. He would not comment about what happened to Soucy but said Concord police are not charging him with any offenses. Soucy legally owned the gun, OMalley said.

Tessier said an older child also was at the Bodwell Road residence when the incident happened about 3:30 a.m. Monday. Soucys wife, Crystal, took the older child with her in another vehicle and tried to follow her husband as he drove off with Waylon, but she lost him as he headed south on Route 28 in Londonderry near the I-93 Exit 5 off-ramp.

At that point, Mrs. Soucy drove to the Manchester Police Department and at 3:50 a.m. reported the incident.

Tessier said the state Division of Children, Youth and Family were notified and are now reviewing the family dynamics to ensure the childrens safety.

The investigation is continuing.

Public Safety Concord Manchester

More Headlines

Brentwood hiker hurt descending Mt. Major