Crosby paces Penguins to 5-3 win over Bruins
Sidney Crosby scored a pair of goals, including the game-winner in the second period, to help visiting Pittsburgh snap a mini-slide while winning a fifth straight at TD Garden, 5-3, over the Boston Bruins.
Paul Martin, James Neal and Arron Asham each scored for the Penguins, who had dropped four of six games and are battling for home ice in the first round of the playoffs. Kris Letang had three assists.
Crosby, playing in just his 20th game of the campaign, added an assist and now has nine points (three goals, six assists) in his past three outings.
Neal broke a deadlock with the man advantage at 18:11 of the second period, using a snap shot to extend his career-high tally count to 40. The Penguins took advantage of another power play as Crosby snuck the puck past Marty Turco with one second left in the frame for the 4-2 lead.
Benoit Pouliot, Milan Lucic, Rich Peverley scored for the Bruins, who were 7-1-1 in their past nine and have already locked up the No. 2 seed in the East.
The Penguins jumped out to a 2-0 lead when Crosby scored almost eight minutes in and Martin doubled the advantage seven minutes later. Pouliot got one back for Boston before the first period ended and Lucic leveled things 2-2 with his 25th goal 18 seconds into the second.
- - - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: Pittsburgh forward Pascal Dupuis had his NHL-best 14-game point streak snapped. ... Bruins center David Krejci notched two assists, giving him eight points the last five games. ... Both teams have two games remaining in the regular season.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kattar wins main event in MMA action in Salem - 0
- Pro bouts highlight Rockingham Park MMA card in Salem - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: The magic has returned to Fenway - 0
- MLB draft rich with NH talent - 0
- Red Sox stuck to their plan during draft - 0
- Salem boys take another v-ball title - 0
- LeBlanc paces Conant win over Somersworth for Division III baseball title - 0
- Perkins paces Pittsfield - 0
- State girls final tennis match gains attention for the wrong reason - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840