Crosby paces Penguins to 5-3 win over Bruins
Sidney Crosby scored a pair of goals, including the game-winner in the second period, to help visiting Pittsburgh snap a mini-slide while winning a fifth straight at TD Garden, 5-3, over the Boston Bruins.
Paul Martin, James Neal and Arron Asham each scored for the Penguins, who had dropped four of six games and are battling for home ice in the first round of the playoffs. Kris Letang had three assists.
Crosby, playing in just his 20th game of the campaign, added an assist and now has nine points (three goals, six assists) in his past three outings.
Neal broke a deadlock with the man advantage at 18:11 of the second period, using a snap shot to extend his career-high tally count to 40. The Penguins took advantage of another power play as Crosby snuck the puck past Marty Turco with one second left in the frame for the 4-2 lead.
Benoit Pouliot, Milan Lucic, Rich Peverley scored for the Bruins, who were 7-1-1 in their past nine and have already locked up the No. 2 seed in the East.
The Penguins jumped out to a 2-0 lead when Crosby scored almost eight minutes in and Martin doubled the advantage seven minutes later. Pouliot got one back for Boston before the first period ended and Lucic leveled things 2-2 with his 25th goal 18 seconds into the second.
- - - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: Pittsburgh forward Pascal Dupuis had his NHL-best 14-game point streak snapped. ... Bruins center David Krejci notched two assists, giving him eight points the last five games. ... Both teams have two games remaining in the regular season.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 46
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 3
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840