Southwest to resume non-stop Vegas flights
The non-stop Las Vegas flight is scheduled to depart Manchester at 1:30 p.m. and arrive in Las Vegas at 4:30 p.m. The return flight departs Las Vegas at 3:45 p.m. and arrives in Manchester at 11:40 p.m.
The return of non-stop Las Vegas service also marks the end of seasonal service between Manchester and Fort Lauderdale.
As part of Southwest's new system-optimization strategy, it is anticipated that seasonal non-stop service to Las Vegas will continue through mid-January of 2013 and will be replaced with seasonal Fort Lauderdale service, which will run from mid-January through April.
Airport Director Mark Brewer said, 'We continue to work closely with Southwest to ensure that all of the markets they serve from Manchester are successful. Ultimately, we would like to see seasonal service to Fort Lauderdale perform well enough to continue it year round. Likewise with Las Vegas, the more the service is supported, the stronger our case becomes to keep it in the schedule year round.
'We are seeing a very positive response to both markets at this point as indicated by high passenger-load factors. This is certainly a positive step toward maintaining both routes and further developing them in the future.'
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.