Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Hillsborough man arrested after patrol officer spots robbery in progress
MANCHESTER - A police supervising officer spotted a robbery in progress Saturday night at the Mobil station on Eddy Road.
Sgt. John Patti, while on patrol, observed a man walking on Eddy Road enter the gas station. While the man was inside, a red car pulled up to the door, and the man came out of the gas station and got into the passenger side of the car, which drove away.
Patti followed the car and contacted dispatch to see if everything was okay at the gas station. The store clerk told dispatch he had just been robbed and gave a description of the robber, which matched the man Patti observed.
The clerk reported that the man went into the store, gestured at his waistband, insinuated he had a gun, and then demanded cash.
As dispatch related those details to Patti, the car pulled into the driveway at 494/498 Cartier St., where the man got out of the car and went into the apartment building.
Police quickly establish a perimeter around the building and located the man, identified as Nicholas Spears, 33, of 1 Windsor Terrace, Hillsborough, outside the apartment building.
According to a press release, Spears went into the building and down to the basement, where he broke a window to get back outside and was promptly confronted by police and arrested.
He is charged with robbery, criminal trespass and criminal mischief.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fight leads to stabbing in Plymouth - 0
- College president, Gov. Hassan promise to punish those involved in Keene riots - 5
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 0
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 1
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
- Big step forward for Littleton outdoor footwear manufacturer - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
After riots, soul-searching begins
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy