Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Hillsborough man arrested after patrol officer spots robbery in progress
MANCHESTER - A police supervising officer spotted a robbery in progress Saturday night at the Mobil station on Eddy Road.
Sgt. John Patti, while on patrol, observed a man walking on Eddy Road enter the gas station. While the man was inside, a red car pulled up to the door, and the man came out of the gas station and got into the passenger side of the car, which drove away.
Patti followed the car and contacted dispatch to see if everything was okay at the gas station. The store clerk told dispatch he had just been robbed and gave a description of the robber, which matched the man Patti observed.
The clerk reported that the man went into the store, gestured at his waistband, insinuated he had a gun, and then demanded cash.
As dispatch related those details to Patti, the car pulled into the driveway at 494/498 Cartier St., where the man got out of the car and went into the apartment building.
Police quickly establish a perimeter around the building and located the man, identified as Nicholas Spears, 33, of 1 Windsor Terrace, Hillsborough, outside the apartment building.
According to a press release, Spears went into the building and down to the basement, where he broke a window to get back outside and was promptly confronted by police and arrested.
He is charged with robbery, criminal trespass and criminal mischief.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus