Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hillsborough man arrested after patrol officer spots robbery in progress
MANCHESTER - A police supervising officer spotted a robbery in progress Saturday night at the Mobil station on Eddy Road.
Sgt. John Patti, while on patrol, observed a man walking on Eddy Road enter the gas station. While the man was inside, a red car pulled up to the door, and the man came out of the gas station and got into the passenger side of the car, which drove away.
Patti followed the car and contacted dispatch to see if everything was okay at the gas station. The store clerk told dispatch he had just been robbed and gave a description of the robber, which matched the man Patti observed.
The clerk reported that the man went into the store, gestured at his waistband, insinuated he had a gun, and then demanded cash.
As dispatch related those details to Patti, the car pulled into the driveway at 494/498 Cartier St., where the man got out of the car and went into the apartment building.
Police quickly establish a perimeter around the building and located the man, identified as Nicholas Spears, 33, of 1 Windsor Terrace, Hillsborough, outside the apartment building.
According to a press release, Spears went into the building and down to the basement, where he broke a window to get back outside and was promptly confronted by police and arrested.
He is charged with robbery, criminal trespass and criminal mischief.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424