Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Hillsborough man arrested after patrol officer spots robbery in progress
MANCHESTER - A police supervising officer spotted a robbery in progress Saturday night at the Mobil station on Eddy Road.
Sgt. John Patti, while on patrol, observed a man walking on Eddy Road enter the gas station. While the man was inside, a red car pulled up to the door, and the man came out of the gas station and got into the passenger side of the car, which drove away.
Patti followed the car and contacted dispatch to see if everything was okay at the gas station. The store clerk told dispatch he had just been robbed and gave a description of the robber, which matched the man Patti observed.
The clerk reported that the man went into the store, gestured at his waistband, insinuated he had a gun, and then demanded cash.
As dispatch related those details to Patti, the car pulled into the driveway at 494/498 Cartier St., where the man got out of the car and went into the apartment building.
Police quickly establish a perimeter around the building and located the man, identified as Nicholas Spears, 33, of 1 Windsor Terrace, Hillsborough, outside the apartment building.
According to a press release, Spears went into the building and down to the basement, where he broke a window to get back outside and was promptly confronted by police and arrested.
He is charged with robbery, criminal trespass and criminal mischief.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police left rattled by tot's death - 1
- Police investigate shooting of Londonderry woman in Maine home invasion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483