Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Teen mom, baby injured in domestic assault
MANCHESTER - The father of a 9-month-old baby is accused of punching both him and his teen mom in the head and stomach.
The incident happened just before 12:30 a.m. Sunday at 75 Pine St. Police went there as the result of a 911 hang-up call and met with the 17-year-old mom who said Carlos Roig, 19, her boyfriend and father of their son, assaulted both of them during an argument.
Police said the mother and baby both had redness and bruising on their foreheads. Both were taken by ambulance to Elliot Hospital for treatment.
The teenage girl said she and Roig were arguing and woke the sleeping baby. She picked up the infant to soothe him, and Roig allegedly punched her in the stomach and forehead, and then punched the baby in his stomach and forehead as well.
According to a press release, Roig continued to attack her, grabbing her by the hair and slamming her head into a wall, all while she still held the baby in her arms.
The teen put the baby down and tried to call police for help, but she told police Roig grabbed her by the neck and pinned her to the bed, impeding her breathing.
Police said Roig took the phone from her and kept her from leaving the room. Eventually, she said, he left with his friends.
Officers later located and arrested Roig on two counts of second-degree assault, five charges of simple assault, one complaint of false imprisonment and a charge of obstructing the report of a crime.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 34
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424