Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Crack cocaine drug dealer faces prison
CONCORD — A Massachusetts man described as the head of a drug organization that distributed crack cocaine near the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua, as well as in Massachusetts, was convicted of two drug charges in U.S. District Court.
A jury convicted Rafael Benitez, 45, of Lawrence, of conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute and the unlawful distribution of more than 280 grams of cocaine base ("crack”).
U.S. Attorney John P. Kacavas said Benitez organization delivered crack to customers in Nashua using runners to sell the drugs in and around the Pheasant Lane Mall.
He was originally indicted on the charges by a federal grand jury in May 2011 and trial testimony identified Benitez as the head of a drug organization that distributed quantities of crack
throughout the Drum Hill area of Chelmsford/Lowell, Mass., and in Nashua during the last five years.
Benitez is scheduled to be sentenced July 20, and is facing a mandatory prison minimum of 10 years and a $2 million dollar fine. Upon release from prison, Benitez is subject to deportation to the Dominican Republic.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424