Home » News » Public Safety
Carpenter seriously hurt in fall in Thornton
A carpenter suffered serious injuries Tuesday when he fell from the second-floor of a Thornton house he was helping build.
The worker was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, Campton-Thornton Fire Chief David Tobine said. His injuries did not appear to be life threatening, Tobine said.
The fall occurred about 2 p.m. on Carey Circle, which is located off Weeping Birches Road in Waterville Estates, a multi-famly housing development in Thornton. The worker was putting up roof rafters when he stepped off planking and fell to the first floor, Tobine said.
Tobine was contacted at his home Tuesday night and said he could not provide details of the man's identity because he did not have his reports with him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings