Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
State police arrest Nashua man after high-speed pursuit
A Nashua man was arrested Tuesday night after a high speed police chase that reach ed speeds of 90 mph on Route 101 west in Bedford.
According to a state police press release, the chase began about 10 p.m. when a trooper tried to pull over a gray 2010 Ford Fusion for speeding.
The driver refused to stop, leading troopers on a chase into Merrimack on South River Road. The pursuit was called off, however, due to the danger to the public, state police said.
A short time later, another trooper saw the car heading north on the Everett Turnpike in Bedford and tried to stop it. Once again, the driver refused to pull over and fled north on the Everett Turnpike and into the city of Manchester.
A short, low-speed pursuit in the city ended when the driver struck a curb, flattening his tires. The operator, Christopher Ratay, 26, of Nashua, was arrested on Young Street.
He is charged with reckless conduct, disobeying a police officer, speeding, operating with a driver’s license and possession of a controlled drug.
He is to be arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District.
Troopers were assisted by Manchester and Merrimack police during the incident.
Anyone with information pertaining to the it is asked to call state police Trooper First Class Kieran Fagan at Troop B at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth