Home » News » Public Safety
Body washes up on Cable Road beach in Rye
RYE — The body of a woman washed up on Jenness Beach at the end of Cable Road after noon today, in what police and medical examiners are calling a non-suspicious death.
“The medical examaminer is involved and they are going to be doing a process to clarify some questions,” said Rye Police Chief Kevin Walsh.
The victim, a woman between 50 and 60 years old, was found by walkers along the beach near Cable Road at approximately 12:45 p.m.
“It was low tide at the time and some people were walking along the shore line and saw a body floating face down in the water,” said the chief, who stated that in his experience, it appeared the body had likely been in the water for less than 24 hours.
The woman's identity is not being released as police attempt to contact the her relatives.
Initial examination indicates there was no foul play, although the New Hampshire medical examiner will be conducting an autopsy, Chief Walsh said.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 133
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 17
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?