Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Officials remain tight-lipped about Londonderry death
UPDATED 4-21 - LONDONDERRY - Police continued Saturday to withhold the name of a 35-year-old man whose death is being investigated as suspicious.
Police Lt. Kevin M. Cavallaro said Saturday that an autopsy to determine a cause of death hasn't yet been completed and that police will not release further information until the autopsy is performed. He said the autopsy could be done by Monday.
Police were called to the man's 7B Londonderry Road home around 5:30 p.m. Thursday night, where they said the man was found on the premises "unresponsive and not breathing" and was pronounced dead.
Complete text of earlier story continues below.
LONDONDERRY - Local police are remaining tight-lipped about the death of a Londonderry man.
Late Friday afternoon, police continued to maintain an active presence at 7B Londonderry Road, where the body of an unidentified 35-year-old man was found the previous evening.
Local authorities would say little more as they awaited autopsy results to determine how the man died, though Londonderry Police Lt. Kevin Cavallaro said the death was “considered suspicious.”
Police aren't releasing the name of the deceased man, referring to the ongoing investigation and the need to identify the victim's family. However, Cavallaro said “there was no reason at this time” for neighbors to have concerns for their own safety.
The local police were called to the scene around 5:30 p.m. Thursday night, where they said the man was found on the premises “unresponsive and not breathing” and was ultimately pronounced dead, police said.
Cavallaro said he was uncertain when autopsy results would be announced, and New Hampshire State Police and the Attorney General aren't involved in the investigation, though the Attorney General's office had been notified of the death.
Shortly after noontime Friday, two Londonderry Police cruisers were parked in front of the one-story, red ranch home. Police referred all inquiries to Cavallaro.
Yellow police tape was stretched across the home's side entrance, and wrapped around a red SUV parked in the driveway. A large metal trash bin sat near the home's opposite side entrance.
Located off Route 102 near the Derry town line, the property is in an industrial and residential district, with few residences nearby. A worker at a nearby fireworks shop said he didn't know the home's inhabitants.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Prosecutor says man has convictions dating back to 2006 - 0
- Hudson man accused in $5k theft, forgery case - 0
- Former Atkinson official facing false complaint charges - 0
- Londonderry woman shot during Maine home invasion - 0
- Ex-Sandown officer's lawsuit challenging Laurie list designation headed to trial - 2
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Three more arrested in connection to Keene riots - 0
- Former court security officer pleads guilty to sexual assault - 0
- State police charge wrong-way driver with DWI - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
- College Football: These Redbirds can run and pass - 0
- Bedford pizza restaurant gets surprise makeover from Eastern Bank - 0
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 0
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 2
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- College Basketball: UNH women top Dartmouth - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Exeter skates past Trinity - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Memorial solid in win over Hanover - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483