All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Second fire at Manchester home in 8 months

MANCHESTER - A family of three is temporarily without a home after an attic fire damaged their Douglas Street residence.

The fire at 526 Douglas St., reported at 8 a.m. Tuesday, caused about $20,000 in damage, and was the second blaze at the two-family dwelling since Aug. 31.

According to a press release, contractors had only recently finished repairing the damage from the August blaze.

In battling Tuesday's blaze, fire crews opened up ceilings of the second-floor apartment to get at hidden flames and had it under control in 20 minutes.

The fire caused structural damage to the attic/ceiling area and moderate fire, water and smoke damage to the second floor apartment, making it uninhabitable.

The first floor apartment, which had minor water damage, is habitable, according to the press release.

Fire officials said an electrical problem caused the blaze.

The Red Cross is assisting the displaced family.

The property is owned by Mindy Thaler.


Johnny A
Saturday, 8 p.m.

Monty Python's Spamalot
Friday, 7:30 p.m.,
Saturday, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 2 p.m.

Concord Multicultural Festival
Saturday, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.