June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Cab driver rejects duo suspected of shoplifting
SALEM - Two Massachusetts men are probably rethinking calling a cab to pick them up after a shopping trip: Police say that the duo called a cab after shoplifting beer and diapers, and the taxi driver refused to help them make their getaway, deserting them in a parking lot.
Police said about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, they were called to Walmart for a pair of shoplifters who took four cases of beer, two cases of diapers and a case of baby formula. The men tried to flee in a taxi, but the cab driver refused to take them, according to a press release.
Both ran off in different directions, but an officer caught up to one of them, identified by police as Shaun Klier, 29, of Lawrence, Mass., in the lot at the Hess gas station, while another officer located the second man, identified as John Murphy, 46, of Lawrence, in the Planet Fitness lot.
Klier is charged with theft and a probation violation. He refused bail.
Murphy is charged with theft, false reports to law enforcement for allegedly lying to police about his identity and resisting arrest. His bail was set at $620 cash.
It was the second time in 3 1/2 hours that police were called to Walmart for a shoplifter. Just after 4 p.m., police arrested Shaun Maher, 30, of Nashua, on a felony theft charge and false reports to law enforcment for allegedly lying about his identity
Police said Maher tried to steal a 40-inch flat panel TV valued at $548 but was stopped by store personnel. He allegedly fled in a car which was later stopped on Route 111 in Windham.
The theft charge is a felony because of Maher’s past theft convictions, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 17
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424