Only in Print: Why the fuss over redistricting and where we vote?
Redrawing the map for state representatives is a way of ensuring everyone gets a similar-size bite of a fictitious cake. The cake is State House representation — and the once-a-decade redistricting is a way of using U.S. Census figures to redistribute that cake. To be fair under the law, some communities have to share a piece of the cake.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford