Only in Print: Why the fuss over redistricting and where we vote?
Redrawing the map for state representatives is a way of ensuring everyone gets a similar-size bite of a fictitious cake. The cake is State House representation — and the once-a-decade redistricting is a way of using U.S. Census figures to redistribute that cake. To be fair under the law, some communities have to share a piece of the cake.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name