Home » News » Public Safety
Danville driver killed after striking Route 101 bridge in Candia
State police investigate a single car accident on Route 101 West between Exits 4 and 3 in Candia on Tuesday. The unidentified male driver was killed. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
CANDIA - A Danville man was killed Tuesday after the car he was driving struck a bridge abutment on Route 101.
Justin R. Barrett, 19, was fatally injured in the crash that occurred on Route 101 westbound just after 1:30 p.m.
State Police said Barrett's Toyota Scion was heading westbound when it went off the right-hand side of the highway and traveled approximately 300 feet off the pavement before crashing into the bridge abutment.
Marks could be seen in the dirt and grass where the car traveled just off the highway and into the concrete support section of the bridge.
The front of the car was completely flattened by the impact of the crash. State Police Sgt. Steve Cooper said he didn't know if the driver was wearing a seatbelt, but airbags did deploy.
The accident happened about a mile east of Exit 3.
Barrett was taken to Elliot Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation by Trooper Kevin Devlin.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth