Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt in crash in Meredith, police say
MEREDITH — One person was injured Tuesday in an accident at the intersection of Route 104 and Corliss Hill Road, according to Meredith police.
Police said the driver of a pickup truck — police refused to release the person’s name, saying the person was a minor — tried to make a left turn onto Corliss Hill Road about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday and crossed in front of a pickup truck driven by Justin Sargent, 27, New Hampton.
The first truck was spun around and hit the back of a school bus driven by Kenneth Folkes, 63, Meredith, police said. No students were on board the bus at the time of the accident.
Sargent and Folkes were not injured, police said, but the youth, who was trapped in the truck until being rescued by the fire department, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia with minor head injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 2
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 1
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers