Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt in crash in Meredith, police say
MEREDITH — One person was injured Tuesday in an accident at the intersection of Route 104 and Corliss Hill Road, according to Meredith police.
Police said the driver of a pickup truck — police refused to release the person’s name, saying the person was a minor — tried to make a left turn onto Corliss Hill Road about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday and crossed in front of a pickup truck driven by Justin Sargent, 27, New Hampton.
The first truck was spun around and hit the back of a school bus driven by Kenneth Folkes, 63, Meredith, police said. No students were on board the bus at the time of the accident.
Sargent and Folkes were not injured, police said, but the youth, who was trapped in the truck until being rescued by the fire department, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia with minor head injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 2
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video