Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt in crash in Meredith, police say
MEREDITH — One person was injured Tuesday in an accident at the intersection of Route 104 and Corliss Hill Road, according to Meredith police.
Police said the driver of a pickup truck — police refused to release the person’s name, saying the person was a minor — tried to make a left turn onto Corliss Hill Road about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday and crossed in front of a pickup truck driven by Justin Sargent, 27, New Hampton.
The first truck was spun around and hit the back of a school bus driven by Kenneth Folkes, 63, Meredith, police said. No students were on board the bus at the time of the accident.
Sargent and Folkes were not injured, police said, but the youth, who was trapped in the truck until being rescued by the fire department, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia with minor head injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 4
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal