Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt in crash in Meredith, police say
MEREDITH — One person was injured Tuesday in an accident at the intersection of Route 104 and Corliss Hill Road, according to Meredith police.
Police said the driver of a pickup truck — police refused to release the person’s name, saying the person was a minor — tried to make a left turn onto Corliss Hill Road about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday and crossed in front of a pickup truck driven by Justin Sargent, 27, New Hampton.
The first truck was spun around and hit the back of a school bus driven by Kenneth Folkes, 63, Meredith, police said. No students were on board the bus at the time of the accident.
Sargent and Folkes were not injured, police said, but the youth, who was trapped in the truck until being rescued by the fire department, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia with minor head injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate removes student IDs as indisputable ID for voting - 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 2
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 5
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
License revocations for DWI announced