Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt in crash in Meredith, police say
MEREDITH — One person was injured Tuesday in an accident at the intersection of Route 104 and Corliss Hill Road, according to Meredith police.
Police said the driver of a pickup truck — police refused to release the person’s name, saying the person was a minor — tried to make a left turn onto Corliss Hill Road about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday and crossed in front of a pickup truck driven by Justin Sargent, 27, New Hampton.
The first truck was spun around and hit the back of a school bus driven by Kenneth Folkes, 63, Meredith, police said. No students were on board the bus at the time of the accident.
Sargent and Folkes were not injured, police said, but the youth, who was trapped in the truck until being rescued by the fire department, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia with minor head injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072