Home » News » Public Safety
Missing teens found unharmed in New London
NEW LONDON - Two teens missing since early Friday have been found unharmed, police said Saturday morning.
Officer Russell Lamson said Devon Elizabeth Pike, 17, of New London, and Timothy O’Neill, 15, of Wilmot, were found about 10:30 a.m. Saturday in the town of New London.
"They’re OK. They’re safe," Lamson said. "They’re both alive and well. It’s a good ending to this."
The pair were last seen about 6 a.m. Friday at Pike’s residence on Birch Acres Road, leaving on foot and were possibly picked up in a car, police said Friday night. Police treated the disappearance as a runaway and said foul play was not suspected.
Lamson said he didn’t know if Pike and O’Neill, who police said are a couple, were found inside a building or outside. He said they were found in New London and were taken to New London Hospital for precautionary reasons.
A large police search that included the use of a helicopter, continued into Saturday morning before the teens were found.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors