Home » News » Public Safety
Missing teens found unharmed in New London
NEW LONDON - Two teens missing since early Friday have been found unharmed, police said Saturday morning.
Officer Russell Lamson said Devon Elizabeth Pike, 17, of New London, and Timothy O’Neill, 15, of Wilmot, were found about 10:30 a.m. Saturday in the town of New London.
"They’re OK. They’re safe," Lamson said. "They’re both alive and well. It’s a good ending to this."
The pair were last seen about 6 a.m. Friday at Pike’s residence on Birch Acres Road, leaving on foot and were possibly picked up in a car, police said Friday night. Police treated the disappearance as a runaway and said foul play was not suspected.
Lamson said he didn’t know if Pike and O’Neill, who police said are a couple, were found inside a building or outside. He said they were found in New London and were taken to New London Hospital for precautionary reasons.
A large police search that included the use of a helicopter, continued into Saturday morning before the teens were found.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser