Home » Opinion » Editorials
Prayers for plowing: A fair trade for Goffstown
A Goffstown man named Richard Meaney is concerned that the town is plowing church parking lots for free without legal authorization.
What would we ever do without public-spirited citizens such as Mr. Meaney?
He went so far as to check a Local Government Center website, which said there needs to be a “quid pro quo’’ by which the town obtains something real in exchange for the public’s money (for the plowing, in these cases).
A selectman helpfully suggested the town was getting something in return, in that in one case the church lot includes access to the local food pantry.
A church member said the cost of plowing could put a big dent in church budgets.
The Sunday News would like to offer a suggestion.
If the churches agree to include the town in their prayers, that should more than equal the value of the plowing, even if we actually get some real snow in the future.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot now at $585 million - 0
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child