Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Police: Man choked 3-year-old daughter
CONCORD - A local man is accused of choking his 3-year-old daughter and endangering her when he threw a lit cigarette at her and her mother in an incident last month that led to a brief standoff with police.
Marc Mallard, 30, was already in jail Wednesday on charges related to an April 29 domestic violence incident and police standoff at his 10 Laurel St. apartment when police arrested him on eight additional charges.
Among the new complaints is a second-degree assault charge accusing him of choking his young daughter, and a misdemeanor count of endangering the welfare of a child, alleging he threw a cigarette at his girlfriend when she was holding their daughter.
Police also arrested him on six other offenses from two unrelated domestic incidents occurring last March and in October 2011.
He was arraigned on the charges Wednesday in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division. His total bail is now $200,000 cash.
Mallard is charged with second-degree assault alleging he choked his girlfriend last March to the point that she could not breathe. He also allegedly put a belt around her neck and tried to choke her, hit her and threatened to kill her. He is charged with attempted second-degree assault, criminal threatening and two counts of simple assault in that incident.
He also was arrested on another simple assault charge alleging he pushed his girlfriend's head into a wall in an incident in October 2011. In the April incident, police said Mallard also pushed his girlfriend, who was holding their daughter, into a wall, causing both of them to fall to the floor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 5
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief