Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Two Berlin men arrested in scrap metal theft
JEFFERSON - Two Berlin men are accused of stealing metal and a piece of farm equipment from a Cherry Mountain Road home.
They were arrested after someone called police Thursday afternoon to report seeing scrap metal being taken from a residence while the owner was away.
The caller told police two white men, in a white Ford F-150 pickup truck with New Hampshire license registration, had taken scrap metal and a farm harrow, used for tilling fields, from the residence. The truck was seen leaving the house and heading toward Route 115 in Jefferson.
The truck was pulled over by Whitefield police on Route 116 in Littleton, who notified state police of the stop. Police said the stolen items were in the bed of the truck.
The driver, William Smith, 33, and passenger, Gary Holt, 29, were arrested for theft, criminal trespass and receiving stolen property. Both will be arraigned on June 25 in 1st Circuit Court, Lancaster District. Police said the stolen items were in the bed of the truck.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424