Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Two Berlin men arrested in scrap metal theft
JEFFERSON - Two Berlin men are accused of stealing metal and a piece of farm equipment from a Cherry Mountain Road home.
They were arrested after someone called police Thursday afternoon to report seeing scrap metal being taken from a residence while the owner was away.
The caller told police two white men, in a white Ford F-150 pickup truck with New Hampshire license registration, had taken scrap metal and a farm harrow, used for tilling fields, from the residence. The truck was seen leaving the house and heading toward Route 115 in Jefferson.
The truck was pulled over by Whitefield police on Route 116 in Littleton, who notified state police of the stop. Police said the stolen items were in the bed of the truck.
The driver, William Smith, 33, and passenger, Gary Holt, 29, were arrested for theft, criminal trespass and receiving stolen property. Both will be arraigned on June 25 in 1st Circuit Court, Lancaster District. Police said the stolen items were in the bed of the truck.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917