Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Derry state rep accused of simple assault
DERRY — State Rep. Frank Sapareto was arrested earlier this month on charges of simple assault, Derry police and Sapareto confirmed Wednesday.
Police Sgt. John Cooney said Sapareto was charged with three counts of simple assault on May 4.
Sapareto said the charges stem from an incident in which he was trying to keep himself in between his girlfriend, Barbara Battite, and her son, Anthony Battite, who could not be reached for comment.
He said he did not assault Anthony Battite and described the contact as light pushing.
“It was just bumping,” Sapareto said. “I repelled him away from his mother.”
Barbara Battite said she was surprised Sapareto was arrested and that her son, who she said is 19, has a history of problems, including violence.
“He's pretty violent,” she said of her son. “(Sapareto) shouldn't have been arrested.”
Sapareto said he is confident that he will be exonerated.
“I'm just so disgusted over this whole thing,” he said. “I've never had any kinds of issues like this.”
He said he also hopes Anthony Battite “gets the help he needs.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief