New polls show close matchups for governor, U.S. House races
Public Policy Polling surveyed 1,163 New Hampshire voters from May 10 to 13. The poll included 555 Republican primary voters and 477 Democratic primary voters.
Key findings were:
- Lamontagne leads Smith, 53-13 percent, with 34 percent undecided, in the GOP gubernatorial primary campaign.
- Maggie Hassan and Jackie Cilley are in a statistical dead heat in the Democratic primary for governor. Hassan leads 23 to 20 percent but the margin of error is 4.5 percent. The poll shows 57 percent undecided.
- Either Democrat is statistically tied with Lamontagne and is slightly ahead of Smith in general election matchups.
- In the 1st Congressional District, Republican Rep. Frank Guinta and Democratic former Rep. Carol Shea-Porter are statistically tied, with Shea-Porter leading 47 to 43 percent, within a margin of error of 4.4 percent.
- In the 2nd Congressional District, Republican Rep. Charlie Bass and Democratic challenger Ann McLane Kuster are tied at 42 percent.
For details of the governor's poll, click here.
For details of the congressional polls, click here.