In this weekend's editions
Special section: Vacation Guide 1
New water slides at Liquid Planet, a new zip line ride at Cranmore Mountain, a festival of food trucks at Rockingham Park and plenty of concerts, fairs and events await Granite Staters and tourists alike this summer. Get all the details in the Discover New Hampshire section inside this weekend's New Hampshire Sunday News. This 24-page guide will have lots of ideas to keep you captivated. The section is the first of three Discover New Hampshire vacation sections this summer highlighting all the ways to enjoy our state. Others will be published June 24 and July 2.
Health care costs
In the first of a four-part series, we look at one of the biggest drivers of municipal budgets: the rapid rise in health care costs. The city of Manchester paid $19.5 million in health insurance claims in the last fiscal year, a 16 percent hike from the previous year. In this weekend's New Hampshire Sunday News, we look at how the city is trying to win the health cost battle.
Business: Home is in NH
Meet Thomas “Tracy” Aquilla, a Washington patent attorney with a doctorate in molecular genetics who gave up his Jaguar, Guccis and posh D.C. career for a better opportunity — the chance to live on a Center Harbor farm with his family, be an official at the Great Meredith Rotary Ice Fishing Derby, join the Winni Brew Crew and run a private, patent-law practice from his comfortable home at Moose Pond Farm.
Sports: Sea Dogs on the way
Portland, the Red Sox' Double-A affiliate, makes its first trip to Manchester next week. Kevin Gray previews the Sea Dogs' visit, focusing on the top Boston prospects on the Portland roster.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Wounded during Gilford chicken coop raid, bear is euthanized - 3
- Epping dump cats left on their own - 46
- This Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Animal rights group finds butterfly release at kindness rally kind of cruel - 10
- Bald eagle family takes up residence in Manchester - 4
- Auto dealership employees give stray parakeet new lease on life - 0
- Big Cat Coffees website accepts NH Humane Society donations - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs