Home » News » Public Safety
Newmarket fire displaces 30 residents
NEWMARKET - About 30 people are temporarily without a home after a two-alarm fire Tuesday night damaged a 24-unit building at the Great Bay Woods condominium development.
Residents were evacuated and no one was injured, according to a fire department spokesman.
The fire was reported at 10:14 p.m. at 151 Lita Lane at the condominium complex and quickly went to two alarms, bringing in mutual aid from surrounding communities.
The blaze was under control about an hour later.
The American Red Cross was called to the scene to help displaced residents, and officials opened the town's community center to accommodate those who needed shelter. The Red Cross gave financial aid to one resident for food and lodging.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Expectant couple's deaths in Lebanon crash probed - 0
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 1
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 5
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072