Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Pino hurls Fisher Cats to 8-2 win
MANCHESTER — Yohan Pino doesn’t appear on any prospect lists, but the New Hampshire righty has been the team’s best pitcher this season.
Pino commanded the strike zone for seven innings, pitching the Fisher Cats to an 8-2 victory over Portland in the final game of the homestand on Thursday.
The Fisher Cats, needing a win to avoid sole possession of last place in the division, erupted with a five-run fourth inning and cruised behind the 28-year-old starter. Pino (4-1, 3.18 ERA) allowed two earned runs on seven hits, striking out three before a crowd of 5,818 at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
Sean Ochinko (3-for-4) led off the fourth inning with a double, and the Fisher Cats chased Sea Dogs starter Stolmy Pimentel (1-1) after Justin Jackson drew a walk — Pimentel’s fourth free pass. Brian Bocock doubled off Jeremy Kehrt to score two runs, and Ochinko had two hits in the inning. Ochinko and Ryan Goins each had a three-hit night for New Hampshire, which improved to 18-27. Cellar-dwelling Portland stands at 17-29.
Portland first baseman Reynaldo Rodriguez (3-for-4) belted a solo homer off Pino in the sixth inning.
Fisher Cats righty Fernando Hernadez relieved Pino in the eighth and worked two solid frames, allowing one hit.
New Hampshire begins a series at Binghamton Friday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time