May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Derry woman to plead guilty to robbery, theft charges
BRENTWOOD — A Derry woman intends to plead guilty to robbery and theft charges in an incident where she allegedly assaulted a loss prevention worker at Home Depot store in Salem while attempting to shoplift, court records say.
Pamela Wilton, 46, of Derry may spend up to a year in jail when she goes before a superior court judge on July 18.
Wilton is accused of attempting to steal a thermostat from the Home Depot store in Salem on Nov. 17, then kicking and punching a loss prevention worker who tried to stop her, according to a police complaint.
Police said Wilton was armed with a pair of scissors during the assault.
She was indicted in January on charges armed robbery, robbery and attempted theft by unauthorized taking.
She would be required to plead guilty to one of the felony robbery charges and the misdemeanor theft charge as part of her negotiated disposition, court records show.
Her sentence would run concurrent to whatever punishment she would have from violating probation.
Wilton received a suspended prison sentence in Rockingham County Superior Court two years ago for fraudulent use of a credit card.
She received a suspended 12-month jail sentence and a suspended two- to six-year prison term after pleading guilty to two felonies for making several purchases in Londonderry and Derry.
At the time, Wilton worked as a nursing assistant in Manchester and stole the credit card from an 83-year-old woman she was caring for. The woman who owned the credit card complained to police about purchases she never made appearing on her statement. Police found video surveillance footage at one of the stores of Wilton using the card, prosecutors said.
Wilton used the card to obtain roughly $300 worth of gifts cards, cash and other goods at a Shaw’s supermarket, according to prosecutors.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 1
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 2
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Berlin man dies while kayaking
Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424