Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats beat Mets, 8-2
Starting pitcher Brett Cecil gave up two runs over seven innings and the New Hampshire Fisher Cats offense delivered three home runs in an 8-2 win at Binghamton, N.Y., Saturday night.
The Mets led 1-0 after one inning, but the Fisher Cats responded with two runs in the fourth when Brian Van Kirk doubled and Mike McDade hit his ninth home run.
New Hampshire went up 5-1 with a three-spot in the fifth. Brad Glenn and Brian Jerolman hit two-out singles and Ryan Goins homered.
Binghamton got one back in the bottom of the seventh, but another big Fisher Cats inning in the top of the ninth put the game out of reach.
Kevin Howard led off with a double and moved to third on a Jerolman ground out. Howard scored on a wild pitch. Goins singled and Brad McElroy hit his first homer of the year for the 8-2 score.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ragan tops NASCAR Goliaths at Talladega - 0
- NASCAR upholds Penske penalties - 0
- NASCAR Sprint Cup: Harvick late move wins Richmond - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Thunder Road plays host to ACT race - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified back at Monadnock - 0
- Kyle Busch completes Texas two-step with win in NRA 500 - 0
- Jimmie Johnson dominates at Martinsville - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified Series kicks off season - 0
- Kyle Busch steals win at Auto Club 400 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19