Home » News » Public Safety
Sick Penacook man flown off Mount Hale
BETHLEHEM -- A Penacook man was flown off Mount Hale today after suffering what authorities termed a heat-related illness.
According to New Hampshire Fish and Game officials, at approximately 12:45 p.m. on Sunday, conservation officers were notified of a hiker suffering a medical emergency near the summit of Mount Hale.
Conservation officers, members of the Twin Mountain and Bethlehem Fire Department and volunteers from the Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue Team responded to the Hale Brook Trail and made a 2.2 mile hike to get to the victim.
A Blackhawk helicopter from the N.H. Army National Guard was used to evacuate the debilitated hiker, identified as Kerry Barnsley, 51, of Penacook. Barnsley was flown directly to Littleton Regional Hospital. Officials believe he suffered a heat-related illness.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty