Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in Kingston boating accident
KINGSTON - Marine Patrol investigators are still trying to find out what caused Saturday night's fatal boating accident.
A 54-year-old man died when the boat he was piloting collided with another on Country Pond sometime before 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Sgt. Crystal McLain said the operator of the second boat, a 51-year-old man, was uninjured in the crash.
The dead man had five other people with him on his boat at the time of the accident. McLain said they were all treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Nothing has been ruled out as a cause, she said, and speed an alcohol are being considered possible factors.
"In any case, the entire totality of the circumstances are looked at," she said.
The names of the people involved are currently being withheld until all of the family notifications can be made, Mclain said. More information will be released as the investigation continues.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072