Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in Kingston boating accident
KINGSTON - Marine Patrol investigators are still trying to find out what caused Saturday night's fatal boating accident.
A 54-year-old man died when the boat he was piloting collided with another on Country Pond sometime before 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Sgt. Crystal McLain said the operator of the second boat, a 51-year-old man, was uninjured in the crash.
The dead man had five other people with him on his boat at the time of the accident. McLain said they were all treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Nothing has been ruled out as a cause, she said, and speed an alcohol are being considered possible factors.
"In any case, the entire totality of the circumstances are looked at," she said.
The names of the people involved are currently being withheld until all of the family notifications can be made, Mclain said. More information will be released as the investigation continues.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands