Home » News » Public Safety
One dead in Kingston boating accident
KINGSTON - Marine Patrol investigators are still trying to find out what caused Saturday night's fatal boating accident.
A 54-year-old man died when the boat he was piloting collided with another on Country Pond sometime before 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Sgt. Crystal McLain said the operator of the second boat, a 51-year-old man, was uninjured in the crash.
The dead man had five other people with him on his boat at the time of the accident. McLain said they were all treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Nothing has been ruled out as a cause, she said, and speed an alcohol are being considered possible factors.
"In any case, the entire totality of the circumstances are looked at," she said.
The names of the people involved are currently being withheld until all of the family notifications can be made, Mclain said. More information will be released as the investigation continues.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off