Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police: Gilmanton man killed self
GILMANTON — A Gilmanton man wanted in connection with a domestic assault shot and killed himself after police tried to speak with him Monday, authorities said.
Christopher Morgan, 25, was pronounced dead at 4:51 p.m. at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, according to Gilmanton police.
Morgan was found lying across an access road off of Meethinghouse Road, suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said. He was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia before being transferred.
Loudon police wanted Morgan in connection with a domestic assault. Using information from Loudon police, a Gilmanton police officer located Morgan at a residence on Meetinghouse Road and attempted to make contact with him, authorities said. When the officer tried to speak with him, Morgan ran away from the officer into a wooded area. While conducting a search using a police dog, officers heard a single gunshot and found Morgan, police said.
Police in Loudon and Gilmanton are investigating in conjunction with the state Medical Examiner's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424