June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police: Gilmanton man killed self
GILMANTON — A Gilmanton man wanted in connection with a domestic assault shot and killed himself after police tried to speak with him Monday, authorities said.
Christopher Morgan, 25, was pronounced dead at 4:51 p.m. at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, according to Gilmanton police.
Morgan was found lying across an access road off of Meethinghouse Road, suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said. He was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia before being transferred.
Loudon police wanted Morgan in connection with a domestic assault. Using information from Loudon police, a Gilmanton police officer located Morgan at a residence on Meetinghouse Road and attempted to make contact with him, authorities said. When the officer tried to speak with him, Morgan ran away from the officer into a wooded area. While conducting a search using a police dog, officers heard a single gunshot and found Morgan, police said.
Police in Loudon and Gilmanton are investigating in conjunction with the state Medical Examiner's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 17
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424