May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Police: Gilmanton man killed self
GILMANTON — A Gilmanton man wanted in connection with a domestic assault shot and killed himself after police tried to speak with him Monday, authorities said.
Christopher Morgan, 25, was pronounced dead at 4:51 p.m. at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, according to Gilmanton police.
Morgan was found lying across an access road off of Meethinghouse Road, suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said. He was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia before being transferred.
Loudon police wanted Morgan in connection with a domestic assault. Using information from Loudon police, a Gilmanton police officer located Morgan at a residence on Meetinghouse Road and attempted to make contact with him, authorities said. When the officer tried to speak with him, Morgan ran away from the officer into a wooded area. While conducting a search using a police dog, officers heard a single gunshot and found Morgan, police said.
Police in Loudon and Gilmanton are investigating in conjunction with the state Medical Examiner's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 18
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 4
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 7
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 12
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 2
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424