May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police: Gilmanton man killed self
GILMANTON — A Gilmanton man wanted in connection with a domestic assault shot and killed himself after police tried to speak with him Monday, authorities said.
Christopher Morgan, 25, was pronounced dead at 4:51 p.m. at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, according to Gilmanton police.
Morgan was found lying across an access road off of Meethinghouse Road, suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said. He was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia before being transferred.
Loudon police wanted Morgan in connection with a domestic assault. Using information from Loudon police, a Gilmanton police officer located Morgan at a residence on Meetinghouse Road and attempted to make contact with him, authorities said. When the officer tried to speak with him, Morgan ran away from the officer into a wooded area. While conducting a search using a police dog, officers heard a single gunshot and found Morgan, police said.
Police in Loudon and Gilmanton are investigating in conjunction with the state Medical Examiner's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 2
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424