June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police: Gilmanton man killed self
GILMANTON — A Gilmanton man wanted in connection with a domestic assault shot and killed himself after police tried to speak with him Monday, authorities said.
Christopher Morgan, 25, was pronounced dead at 4:51 p.m. at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, according to Gilmanton police.
Morgan was found lying across an access road off of Meethinghouse Road, suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said. He was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia before being transferred.
Loudon police wanted Morgan in connection with a domestic assault. Using information from Loudon police, a Gilmanton police officer located Morgan at a residence on Meetinghouse Road and attempted to make contact with him, authorities said. When the officer tried to speak with him, Morgan ran away from the officer into a wooded area. While conducting a search using a police dog, officers heard a single gunshot and found Morgan, police said.
Police in Loudon and Gilmanton are investigating in conjunction with the state Medical Examiner's Office.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 22
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 2
- Plea expected from woman who allegedly stole from elderly couple - 1
- Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424